Welcome to Cottonwood!
Cottonwood Elementary School is committed to building a positive learning community with high expectations and accountability. We strive to cultivate character and instill the foundation of life-long learning for all scholars.
Our vision for Cottonwood School is defined by the following expectations:
- We provide rigorous and relevant instruction that engages and inspires critical thinking and problem solving, along with effective oral and written communication skills.
- Our school is a safe, secure, caring, and respectful learning environment that promotes each student’s academic, social, and emotional growth.
- We approach learning with a growth mindset.
- Our community emphasizes collaboration between students, staff, parents, and community members.
- We use data to drive instruction, interventions and enrichment.
- Our culture of creating life-long learners emphasizes building up tools of critical thinking and problem solving, creativity, determination, hard work, adaptability, a positive mindset, and good social skills and habits to achieve academic and personal success.
- Achievement of academic, behavioral, and life goals are celebrated and embraced by all stakeholders.
School Wide Expectations
Navy, maroon and grey