Curriculum & Instruction
Curriculum and Instruction is a field within education which seeks to research, develop, and implement curriculum changes that increase student achievement within and outside schools. The field focuses on how students learn and the best ways to educate.
The Common Core State Standards Initiative, also known as simply Common Core, is an educational initiative from 2010 that details what K–12 students throughout the United States should know in English language arts and mathematics at the conclusion of each school grade. The initiative is sponsored by the National Governors Association and Council of Chief State School Officers.
The initiative also seeks to establish consistent educational standards across the states as well as ensure that students graduating from high school are prepared to enter credit-bearing courses at two- or four-year college programs or to enter the workforce.
Director of Curriculum & Instruction
Chromebooks are great multi-faceted tools that can help students stay connected and become tech proficient. Our Chromebooks come equipped with all app and web applications used on campus.
If your answer is yes, please speak with your student's teacher or school secretary.
English Language Arts:
- HMH Journeys (K-5)- CA approved Common Core curriculum for ELA K - 5th.
- StudySync (6-8) - CA approved Common Core curriculum for ELA 6 - 8th.
- Illustrative Math for K-8 math
- SAVVAS: My World (K-5)- CA approved History Social Studies Curriculum K-5th grades.
- TCI: History Alive! (6-8)- CA approved History Social Studies Curriculum 6-8th grades.