Skip To Main Content

Residency Information

Students who attend school in Westside Union School District must reside within its boundaries on a full-time permanent basis, unless the student has received an approved Inter District Transfer. In accordance with Title 5, California Code of Regulations Section 432(F)(2), California school districts must also verify student residency annually.

To verify residency within the Westside Union School District, the parent/guardian must provide two (2) acceptable documents listed below. Documentation must include: parent/guardian name, address of residence, and must be dated within 30 days.

If the parent/guardian is not the primary resident and does not have the requested proof of residency documents, the Statement of Residence must also be completed and signed by both the parent/guardian and the property owner/legal resident. The property owner/legal resident must provide 2 current utility bills in his/her name as listed below.

Click here to view and download the Verification of Residency form

Acceptable Proof of Residency - 2 of any of the following:

Bill or service letter from the following utility companies:
  • Electric
  • Gas
  • Water
  • Trash
  • Cable TV
  • Satellite
  • Internet Provider
  • Property Tax Statement (most current)
  • Escrow papers (only if escrow closing within 30 days)

NOT Acceptable Proof of Residency

  • Rent or Lease Agreements are NOT acceptable
  • Phone Bills are NOT acceptable
  • Post Office Boxes do not meet residency requirements