- Attendance Incentives
- AVID- Grades3-6
- Boys Town Program all grade levels
- FastForWord available
- Latino Literacy Programs
- Project Lead the Way- PLTW- in all grade levels (early implementation)
- Special Education Classes Grades K-6
- Resource Program Kindergarten-6th Grade
- Technology Emphasis is all grade levels and Tech labs
- Tutoring available for grades 1-8 after school beginning in September
What is Fast ForWord?
Fast ForWord is a series of computer-delivered brain fitness exercises diagnosed to produce dramatic language and reading improvements for students by improving memory, attention and processing skills.The Fast ForWord online products provide additional support to the curriculum in the classroom.When students process more efficiently, every other instructional strategy works better.The results in student achievement can demonstrate a one- to two-year gain in reading skills in just a few weeks.
What kinds of changes might you see after your child starts working on the Fast ForWord products?
- Increased self-esteem
- A new excitement towards learning
- Better listening and communication skills
- Improved ability to follow directions
- Improved reading abilities
- Better academic performance
What can you do to help?
- Ensure that your child has good attendance.Success with Fast ForWord requires consistent effort.
- Make sure your child knows that you value his/her participation in the program.
- Meet with your child’s teacher to discuss improvements.
Want to learn more about this program?
- Contact your child’s teacher, bilingual assistant, or principal at your school.
- This program is available at home as well.Your child’s teacher or bilingual assistant can provide you with more support if you are interested in access to the program at home.
- Visit Scientific Learning’s Web site www.ScientificLeaning.com