Intra-district Transfer

This is for a family that wishes their child attend a different school than what they're either zoned for, or currently attending, within the Westside Union School District.  Transfers are received year round.

For the Current School Year:

  1. Obtain the form from any Westside school or at the District Office - one form per child.
  2. Return completed form to the school site where you wish to transfer.  The school will advise parent/guardian of the outcome of the transfer request.

Once a student receives an approved Intra District Transfer, that school will then be considered the student's home school. If a student desires to change schools after being granted an Intra District Transfer, including returning to his/her school of residence, a new transfer request must be submitted to the requested school and approved before a student will be allowed to change schools.

Open Enrollment for the upcoming School Year

If your child is currently attending this school on an Intra District Transfer, you do not need to reapply.

If you would like your child to attend a school other than the school he/she is zoned for or currently attending, you may apply for an Intra District Transfer. Applications for the upcoming school year are available at the school office or the District Office beginning in March 1st. Intra District Transfer applications are to be returned to the District Office at 41914 N. 50th Street West, Quartz Hill. Transfers are granted based on space availability at the requested school.

Principals will review applications submitted during our Open Enrollment period, March 1 – April 15 in June. Parent/Guardians will be notified by the first week of July on the outcome. Applications received after April 15 might not be reviewed by principals until they return from Summer break.  Parent/Guardians may not be notified until after the start of the school year.