School Site Council
The School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) is available at any time upon request at the front office.
If you are interested in serving on the Sundown Elementary School Site Council, please email Ms. Brouwer at email@example.com or call Sundown at 661-722-3026 x 17977 if you have any further questions.
The school site council helps develop our school plan in conjunction with the district. Areas that may be covered in our plan include:
• Curricula, instructional strategies and materials responsive to the individual needs and learning styles of each pupil.
• Instructional and auxiliary services to meet the special needs of non-English-speaking or limited-English-speaking pupils, including instruction in a language these pupils understand; educationally disadvantaged pupils; gifted and talented pupils; and pupils with exceptional needs.
• A staff development program for teachers, other school personnel, paraprofessionals, and volunteers, including those participating in special programs. Staff development programs may include the use of program guidelines that have been developed by the superintendent for specific learning disabilities, including dyslexia, and other related disorders. The strategies included in the guidelines and instructional materials that focus on successful approaches for working with pupils who have been prenatally substance exposed, as well as other at-risk pupils, may also be provided to teachers.
• Ongoing evaluation of the educational program of the school.
• Other activities and objectives as established by the council.
• The proposed expenditure of funds available to the school through the federal Improving America's Schools Act of 1994 (IASA) (20 U.S.C. Sec. 6301 et seq.) and its amendments. If the school operates a state-approved schoolwide program pursuant to Section 6314 of Title 20 of the United States Code in a manner consistent with the expenditure of funds available to the school pursuant to Section 52851, employees of the schoolwide program may be deemed funded by a single cost objective.
The school site council will annually review the school plan, establish a new budget, and if necessary, make other modifications in the plan to reflect changing needs and priorities.
If you are interested in serving on the Sundown Elementary School Site Council, please email Ms. Brouwer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sundown at 661-722-3026 x 17977.
September 4, 2020
October 2, 2020
November 6, 2020
December 4, 2020
January 15, 2021
February 5, 2021
March 5, 2021
April 9, 2021
May 7, 2021
Please click the button below to Download a Self-Nomination form to be on the 2020-21 Sundown School Site Council. Forms due by May 29, 2020.