Core Beliefs and Board Goals
The District uses data to create a learning-oriented culture for both staff and students which defines success in terms of improvement and progress.
1.WE BELIEVE THAT OUR TEACHERS AND STAFF ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE ASSETS AND RESOURCES
2. WE OPERATE WITH TRANSPARENCY, TRUST AND INTEGRITY, GOVERNING IN A DIGNIFIED, PROFESSIONAL MANNER, TREATING EVERYONE WITH CIVILITY AND RESPECT
3. WE ARE ABSOLUTELY COMMITTED TO PROVIDING A SAFE, DISTINGUISHED AND ENGAGING LEARNING ENVIRONMENT THAT ENSURES ALL STUDENTS LEARN TO THEIR HIGHEST POTENTIAL
A. Build a capacity of board and district staff in developing and monitoring data related to goals and priorities specifically in the area of cultural responsiveness and educational equity.
B. A key concern and priority for this governing board is improving the accuracy and consistency of grading which should measure what students know, as they play a crucial role in every aspect of student’s academic lives and future lives as global citizens. Areas of concern are: 1) Grades reflect progressive and mastery of content. 2) They are predictable and understood by parents and third parties. 3) That non-academic factors are graded separately. 4) The system adopted is not overwhelming for teachers.
- Annual Report by Educational Services
4. WE ARE ABSOLUTELY COMMITTED TO PROVIDING THE NECESSARY FACILITIES TO MEET THE HOUSING AND EDUCATION NEEDS OF OUR CHANGING STUDENT POPULATION AND A VISION THAT PROMOTES AND SUPPORTS THEIR FUTURE
- Continue the Cottonwood Elementary School modernization
- Receive annual updates to the district's Facilities Master Plan while exploring and securing options to finance the plan.
- Continue to implement sustainable clean energy programs that promote the long-term well-being of both the District's finances and the environment.
- Annual Report by Business Services
5.WE ARE FISCALLY TRUSTWORTHY AND DEDICATED TO RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY
6.WE BELIEVE IN AND PROMOTE PARENT AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT IN