Letter from Administration
Dear Valley View Viking Families,
On behalf of the staff at Valley View Elementary, I am happy to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! Valley View Elementary has a dedicated and passionate faculty, supportive parents and creative, enthusiastic students ready to learn. We are going to do great things together this year. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that
- 1.Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- 2.Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- 3.Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- 4.Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- 5.Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- 6.Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider participating through volunteering at our school. Students benefit greatly when parent involvement increases. We seek volunteers for helping us
- In classrooms with instructional support
- Reading with children who need extra support
- School-wide events
- Student recognition events
- PTA family events
Please take time to review school rules, policies and procedures. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or discuss them with your child’s teacher.
• The first day of school is Wednesday, August 9th. Our school hours are from 7 a.m. to 1:55 p.m. The playground opens for students at 7:15 a.m. Students should not arrive before 7:15 a.m. unless they are purchasing breakfast in the cafeteria.
• Students will receive a first day packet on the first day of school. It contains lots of useful information. Please take some time to read through the front section with your child. All of the information is important but please make an effort to review and discuss with your child: the section on attendance and the sections on the discipline plan and dress code.
• Valley View Elementary has a great PTA board and we want you to join them in supporting our school. Please consider helping out with a committee or PTA initiative. Join PTA!
With your support, we will continue to develop the very real gifts and talents of all of the students at Valley View Elementary. On behalf of the staff, we are energized and excited about the upcoming year and we look forward to working with your children! Please do not hesitate to call or e-mail me or any of the Viking staff if you have additional questions.
Excited about the year!
Rebecca Davis, Principal